I’m going to start off with thanking everyone for the birthday wishes (belatedly, coz when am I ever on time for stuff like this?) and all the support over the past 12 months. I feel like this blog has really taken off in the past few months when I discovered the book blogging community.
Thanks to this community I’ve been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Gunjan Maheshwari so I will be passing on the love to a few other bloggers out there a well.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your website showing the award
- Describe the story of why you started your blog
- Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 more bloggers
- Notify each of your nominees that you have nominated them
Why I started blogging
I found myself reading heaps of new books thanks to my discovery of BookBub and being able to get new books for free. Yes I’m a cheapskate sometimes. I was pretty broke back then and desperate for new reads so this was a dream come true for me.
Anyway, I realised pretty quickly I wasn’t going to be able to keep track of all the books I was reading, what I thought of them etc to ever be able to find a particular book ever again. After a bit of research and thinking I decided to take the plunge even if my partner and family thought I was an idiot for wasting my money on a website.
And so Proud Book Reviews was born a year ago on April 1 right after being away camping for Easter with my partner. Writing my first 3 reviews in the serenity of the countryside overlooking the river was an amazing way to start this blog.
Advice for new Bloggers
- Start somewhere. Pick a topic you’re passionate about and write up a few posts. If it comes easily to you and you can think of a bunch more stuff to write on that topic you’ll find stuff to keep writing about.
- Connect, promote yourself and don’t be afraid to try new things on your blog. Sure, not everyone is going to love everything but I personally think if it’s a hobby it doesn’t matter what anyone other than you thinks. So who cares?
So I’m a pretty lousy blog hopper (sorry guys!) so I might struggle to get to 15. If I do I’m gonna pick people that I’ve seen writing about some interesting stuff that I’ve meant to come back to and either forgotten about or couldn’t find again.
- Books and Dachshunds
- Book Dragons
- Book Wyrming Thoughts
- Reader Voracious
- Allie Reads
- To Other Worlds
- The Frozen Library
- Bookwyrm Bites
- A Reader to Whatever End
- Kirsty’s Book Buying Addiction
- Stephen Writes
- DB’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Breakeven Books
- The Write Reads
Well it turns out I didn’t need to stress about reaching 15. Turns out I’m just really shit at consistently following people and reading all their posts!
Anyway I have read and enjoyed all of these blogs at least once so please try and make some time to check out their sites!