I thought I’d do a special post (slightly delayed compared to many other bloggers, but I was busy getting this new site up and running for you!) to tell you about some things I’m looking forward to this year. And a few goals I have for myself as well as a little bit about what I’ve got planned for this year.
- To read 65 books over the course of this year minimum (I’m not counting the reviews coming out in January and February that I actually read in 2018), this is my Goodreads Challenge so feel free to keep track of my progress
- I have signed up for another challenge from Booklover Book Reviews called the Aussie Author Challenge where I’ve chosen to do the Wallaby Challenge
- To roll out my Series Reviews again, this time focusing on Tamora Pierce’s two worlds
- To lose 6kgs and stay below 56kgs! I feel like when I tip over that number, I start looking fat, which has everything to do with how short I am!
Plans for 2019
I’m going to return to my Monday reviews, and Friday Series Reviews after a hectic January and February finishes up. So come March it will calm down a little bit.
I’m studying a bit this year to update and improve my qualifications for work (the first part has already given me all the material I need to work through! Eek!). So, if I do need to pull back on the reviews a little later in the year, that’s why.
I’m also going to be trialling a few new things (like this) so I really look forward to hearing what you do and don’t like about what I do. If I like it you will keep seeing it.
Books I want to read this year that are already available
- Tamora Pierce’s:
- Tempests and Slaughter
- Tortall: A Spy’s Guide
- Tortall and other worlds
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s:
- I would list them but there’s too many! I didn’t realise all her books are from the same world so I want to read all the one’s I haven’t read yet
- Gail Honeyman’s:
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (I got this from Bad Santa at work in 2018)
- J.K. Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald
Books being released this year
- Tamora Pierce’s:
- The Exiles Gift
- An untitled Maura of Dunlath novel
- Mollie Blake’s:
- An Unconventional Affair Book 2: A Risk Worth Sharing
- Adriana Gavazonni’s:
- The first book from an untitled spin off series from Hidden Motives which I believe she said comes out in March
- Sean Heary’s:
- An untitled sequel to The Concordat which I believe he said would be coming out in July
I hope you’re looking forward to some of those books as well this year. If you know of any other books you think I’d like, feel free to comment below so I can check them out. You might even see some of them reviewed later in the year!
4 Replies to “My 2019”
oh wow, looks like you have a busy and exciting year planned! personally I prefer Tamora Pierce’s Emelan cycle to Tortall, but definitely interested to see what you think 😉 best of luck with your goals and blog experiments too 💕
Thank you! Keep posted for when those reviews go live and you can see what I thought of each one 🙂
I can’t believe it took me until 2018 to discover Tamora Pierce. I picked up Tempests and Slaughter and absolutely loved it, she has such an incredible way with words. That’s one of my book goals this year, is to read her back catalogue of books as well. Good luck with those 2019 goals, looking forward to catching up on your progression!
I haven’t actually picked it up yet (but I will!) so feel free to let me know what you thought of it 🙂