I’m going to start off with thanking everyone for the birthday wishes (belatedly, coz when am I ever on time for stuff like this?) and all the support over the past 12 months. I feel like this blog has really taken off in the past few months when I discovered the book blogging community.
Thanks to this community I’ve been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Gunjan Maheshwari so I will be passing on the love to a few other bloggers out there a well.
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger for nominating you and give the link to their blog
- Write a blog post on your website showing the award
- Describe the story of why you started your blog
- Write two pieces of advice you have for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 more bloggers
- Notify each of your nominees that you have nominated them
Why I started blogging
I found myself reading heaps of new books thanks to my discovery of BookBub and being able to get new books for free. Yes I’m a cheapskate sometimes. I was pretty broke back then and desperate for new reads so this was a dream come true for me.
Anyway, I realised pretty quickly I wasn’t going to be able to keep track of all the books I was reading, what I thought of them etc to ever be able to find a particular book ever again. After a bit of research and thinking I decided to take the plunge even if my partner and family thought I was an idiot for wasting my money on a website.
And so Proud Book Reviews was born a year ago on April 1 right after being away camping for Easter with my partner. Writing my first 3 reviews in the serenity of the countryside overlooking the river was an amazing way to start this blog.
Advice for new Bloggers
- Start somewhere. Pick a topic you’re passionate about and write up a few posts. If it comes easily to you and you can think of a bunch more stuff to write on that topic you’ll find stuff to keep writing about.
- Connect, promote yourself and don’t be afraid to try new things on your blog. Sure, not everyone is going to love everything but I personally think if it’s a hobby it doesn’t matter what anyone other than you thinks. So who cares?
So I’m a pretty lousy blog hopper (sorry guys!) so I might struggle to get to 15. If I do I’m gonna pick people that I’ve seen writing about some interesting stuff that I’ve meant to come back to and either forgotten about or couldn’t find again.
- Books and Dachshunds
- Book Dragons
- Book Wyrming Thoughts
- Reader Voracious
- Allie Reads
- To Other Worlds
- The Frozen Library
- Bookwyrm Bites
- A Reader to Whatever End
- Kirsty’s Book Buying Addiction
- Stephen Writes
- DB’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Breakeven Books
- The Write Reads
Well it turns out I didn’t need to stress about reaching 15. Turns out I’m just really shit at consistently following people and reading all their posts!
Anyway I have read and enjoyed all of these blogs at least once so please try and make some time to check out their sites!
One Reply to “1 Year Celebration!”
aw thank you for nominating me, Anthea! and congrats on your blogiversary 🎉