This review contains affiliate links you can use to purchase the book. If you buy the book using that link I, or the author, will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no additional cost to you.
I was tagged by Emily the Book Nerd to do this tag. While I read Emily’s responses I thought it could be interesting but also hard to think up 10 things weird about myself (that I’m willing to share!). This tag was created by Delly on Twitter, you can also find them at their blog.
Why am I weird tag rules
- List ten weird things about yourself, your life, or silly habits that you wouldn’t normally share
- Tag up to ten people so you can get to know them better
- Link back to the person who tagged you and the creator
- Comment on the posts of people you tagged!
My ten weird facts are:
- So long as my neck isn’t having a bad day, I can lick my elbow. Yes, I know they say it’s impossible, but my partner can vouch for me that my ridiculously long tongue allows me to defy that rule.
- My maths skills are so bad I’ve significantly overpaid my credit card several times. Do you know how embarrassing it is to call your bank and be like “So I paid like $800 onto my credit card yesterday, can I have $700 of that back please? Why? O coz I can’t do maths and thought I owed $800….”
- My partner and I have been together for over 7 years now, been living together for almost 5 and still sleep in separate bedrooms. Why? Coz he snores and I don’t wanna deal with that crap! My sleep is SOOOO much better when I sleep alone! Don’t worry, I still love him, and we do spend weekends together, I just need my beauty sleep on work nights.
- I have a superpower. I don’t mean one of those flashy one’s where I can save the world. I mean one of those really practical ones that I’m sure everyone would love to have. For me, I can find a car park within like 2 minutes of looking. Even when it’s PACKED! True story. I now have to be the one to drive when we go Christmas shopping coz at least I can get us a park.
- I can have an entire conversation with you while I’m asleep. My partner hasn’t tried so I don’t actually know if I still do this. But I know I used to do it to my mum all the time when she’d come home from work and come in to say goodnight to me when I was growing up.
- I also used to sleepwalk to the point where my parents had to close every door between my room and a room with an alarm in it to stop me wandering into a room with an alarm. Coz who wants to be woken up at god knows what time of the night coz their kid slept walked? The worst part for them? I wouldn’t even wake up. I’d just wander on back to bed and leave them to get up to turn the alarm off.
- Up until like last year (when I turned 28) I kept getting ID’d when I’d try and buy alcohol which is like 8 years too long in my opinion. Note for my international readers: here in Australia the drinking age is 18.
- I’m following in my dad’s footsteps and going grey before I’ve reached 30. It actually started back when I was like 25 but my sister (also my hairdresser) and I kept pulling them out. But I think I’ve reached that critical point where I won’t be able to keep up with them popping up anymore.
- I was born and raised an only child but have two sisters. And no, they aren’t both step siblings. One of them was my sister from as soon as I was born, and we actually are related.
- I have jaundice which makes my skin look olive, but I can never get past golden when I tan. Also, fun fact. I only found out about the jaundice a few years ago, and only because my new doctor’s clinic uses the same pathology company as the doctor I went to growing up.
Ok well that’s 10 weird facts about me. I hope none of them were scary, and hopefully you got a few good laughs from them. Feel free to do this tag even if I don’t tag you coz it is kinda fun sitting here thinking up these facts!