I thought I’d do a special post (slightly delayed compared to many other bloggers, but I was busy getting this new site up and running for you!) to tell you about some things I’m looking forward to this year. And a few goals I have for myself as well as a little bit about what I’ve got planned for this year.
- To read 65 books over the course of this year minimum (I’m not counting the reviews coming out in January and February that I actually read in 2018), this is my Goodreads Challenge so feel free to keep track of my progress
- I have signed up for another challenge from Booklover Book Reviews called the Aussie Author Challenge where I’ve chosen to do the Wallaby Challenge
- To roll out my Series Reviews again, this time focusing on Tamora Pierce’s two worlds
- To lose 6kgs and stay below 56kgs! I feel like when I tip over that number, I start looking fat, which has everything to do with how short I am!
Plans for 2019
I’m going to return to my Monday reviews, and Friday Series Reviews after a hectic January and February finishes up. So come March it will calm down a little bit.
I’m studying a bit this year to update and improve my qualifications for work (the first part has already given me all the material I need to work through! Eek!). So, if I do need to pull back on the reviews a little later in the year, that’s why.
I’m also going to be trialling a few new things (like this) so I really look forward to hearing what you do and don’t like about what I do. If I like it you will keep seeing it.
Books I want to read this year that are already available
- Tamora Pierce’s:
- Tempests and Slaughter
- Tortall: A Spy’s Guide
- Tortall and other worlds
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s:
- I would list them but there’s too many! I didn’t realise all her books are from the same world so I want to read all the one’s I haven’t read yet
- Gail Honeyman’s:
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (I got this from Bad Santa at work in 2018)
- J.K. Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald
Books being released this year
- Tamora Pierce’s:
- The Exiles Gift
- An untitled Maura of Dunlath novel
- Mollie Blake’s:
- An Unconventional Affair Book 2: A Risk Worth Sharing
- Adriana Gavazonni’s:
- The first book from an untitled spin off series from Hidden Motives which I believe she said comes out in March
- Sean Heary’s:
- An untitled sequel to The Concordat which I believe he said would be coming out in July
I hope you’re looking forward to some of those books as well this year. If you know of any other books you think I’d like, feel free to comment below so I can check them out. You might even see some of them reviewed later in the year!